Sunday, August 29, 2010

In Which My Mother Tries to Buy Paint Rollers

Since I'm starting a semi-adult job on Tuesday, I figured that I was in need some some semi-adult clothing to wear to it, which could mean only one thing - a trip to Goodwill. My family is a big fan of thrift stores - I don't know if we go more for the prices or the feel of hunting for treasure (or seeing who can find the ugliest use of sequins), but whatever it is that draws us in, its one of our favorite family activities.

Yesterday my parents and I went off to local thrift store, in search of skirts (me), professorial jackets (dad), and various sundries (mom). After about forty minutes of rummaging, and several skirts later, I decided I had had just about enough and went to find my mother in the knick knacks section. She was holding a bag of paint rollers looking very pleased with herself.

"Look what I found!" she exclaimed.

"Paint rollers?"

"No, look under them!"

And I did. Underneath the paint rollers was a plastic, pearly, obviously phallic object.

Horror.

"Is that a...?" I am in complete horror.

"Its a vibrator!" She said cheerfully.

In fact it was a couple of paint rollers AND a "wedding night package" that included a vibrator, several little bottles of massage oils, and some bath beads. All unopened. All, for some reason, packaged together at a thrift store.

Of course she bought them.

3 comments:

  1. The ultimate hybrid word for 'awkwardness' and 'family' is [your last name].
    I'm just glad I'm not get married soon, because I don't want that showing up with a card from your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, that whole "tagging our posts with our name" thing is back on. So include the label 'by Tara' so that readers that don't care for my posts can weed them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHAHAHAHA. I <3 mom. Also, I now read your blog. Can YOU dig it?

    ReplyDelete