Saturday, August 28, 2010

Things the make me cry/laugh

Emotional parent-child scenes in dramas always make me cry real tears. The Lion King. StepmomThe Family Stone. Everwood. Heck, even Valentine's Day caught me off guard with a mother-son scene, though I was too jaded by the rest of the film to actually cry.

Similarly, I have a weakness for absurd humour. I like it best when the creators surprise you with something that makes perfect nonsense. It's why I heartily enjoyed Drawn Together's episode "Charlotte's Web of Lies" from season 3, where the famous spider kills Boba Fett and leaves emotionally unbalanced messages around the house. Also, Roadrunner cartoons.
"I will not be ignored!" - Charlotte
On the other hand, poop is not funny.

In that spirit, I give you Episode 10 of Blamimation by Kris Straub and Scott Kurtz. It is basically one extended conversation about taking a dump, but I still find it hilarious.

Seeing and hearing poop is not a joke. It's just gross. However, exploring attitudes and reactions toward poop can be funny. Writers of The Drawn Together Movie, take notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment